Shadows of the Empire Soundtrack

I've been using my my time in the US as a chance to fill several select holes in my collection. Up until now I thought I'd managed to secure all of the Star Wars soundtracks (Episodes I through VI and The Clone Wars). It turns out that I'd made a glaring omission however: the soundtrack for Shadows of the Empire. Today I was able to fill that gap.


I managed to pick this up from Amazon for only $12.06US ($14.74NZ). In my estimations Shadows of the Empire remains the crowning jewel of the Expanded Universe. While it was Timothy's Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy that reintroduced us to the Star Wars universe, SotE is what truly made us feel at home again. Even more incredible was the marketing attached to this multimedia release. The release of SotE included a novel, comic series, Nintendo 64 console game, action figures, Micro Machines, Action Fleet, and, yes, even a soundtrack. SotE really was everything but the movie.

SotE was released the very same year that I was first introduced to the original trilogy, and for that reason will always hold a special place in my heart. I couldn't be happier with this purchase!