The Hunt Is On - Force Link 2.0 Figures

(New items from the Force Link 2.0 line will be added to this list as they are announced.)

Between a handful of leaks and the official announcements at Toy Fair 2018, Yakface.com has been able to put together a comprehensive list of what we can expect to see from the Force Link 2.0 line on April 13th. Using that, I've been able to put together my own huntlist for the next series of 3 3/4" figures a little earlier than usual.


Things have been pretty easy this time around - especially since the first wave only features four figures from Solo: A Star Wars Story. The Mimban Stormtrooper and Range Trooper are easy choices given my penchant for military figures, as are Chewbacca (with his new accessories) and Qi-Ra - two of the lead characters from the film. I'll be passing on the rest of the wave, however, as the remaining figures are simply repacks of characters I already have in my collection. The following two waves won't be giving us a whole lot of new Solo figures, either. In fact, there's only one: Moloch, Han's apparent racing rival. Despite this, there's a very welcome non-Solo inclusion in Wave 2 - namely, Supreme Leader Snoke. Despite almost two and a half years passing since his screen debut, this will be the first chance we've actually had to pick him up as a single-carded figure. (His only prior release in the 3 3/4" line was with the massive - and hugely expensive - BB-8 playset.)

Solo looks to trade on one of my favourite film tropes: assembling a rag-tag team of rogues. As such, I'll be looking to complete the gang in plastic, and it seems like this will happen in Wave 4 when Tobias Becket, Rio Durant, Val, and L3-37 all hit shelves. That wave will also see the release of the mudtrooper and Quay Tolsite.

In addition to these single-carded figures, I'll also be on the hunt for the Lando Calrissian, Rebolt, and Mimban Han Solo and Chewbacca two-packs, as well as Enfys Nest (who looks to be the central villain of the film) with his swoop. Hasbro will also be using the Force Link 2.0 launch to finally get their super-articulated wampa on shelves - an item I've been drooling over for at least the last six months.

So, in sum, I'll be looking for the following from April 13th onwards:


You might notice a glaring omission on this list of figures intended to accompany the release of a Han Solo-centric film: namely, a clean Han Solo (i.e., not mud-covered as in the Mimban two-pack). This is largely due to Hasbro's dubious decision to not release a single-carded version of the titular hero. There will be 3 3/4" Solos available on April 13th, but these will only be available with bigger sets. An exclusive 'jacketless' Solo comes with the horribly undersized 'Kessel Run' Millennium Falcon, but that vehicle is an easy pass for me. Another Solo comes with the $29.99 Force Link 2.0 bracelet - a device I have no interest in (especially after the disappointment of the first Force Link unit). Having said that, I expect this set to soon turn up in clearance aisles, and if I happen to see it for less than the New Zealand RRP of a single-carded figure (around $13.00US), I'll bite the bullet and pick it up. The only other option is the young Solo that's packed with Han's speeder. The design of this vehicle is really growing on me, and there's a good chance I'll pick it up if I spot it for a reduced price - so that might be my best chance of getting a Han in hand.

So what's on your wishlist for April 13th? Be sure to let us know via Facebook or Twitter, or by sending an email to relicsoftheforce@gmail.com!