The Birth of a Trooper - Cutting the Shoulder Bells

With a few weeks off over Christmas - and a brand new Dremel to boot - the time has come to finally get started on my long-awaited suit of OGA Stormtrooper armour. The first task is to cut out and trim all the pieces - a job I started last Friday afternoon.

As it was my first time using a Dremel, so I started cautiously. First up were the shoulder bells. After consulting a few reference pictures regarding the depth, I used masking tape to give me a straight line to cut to. Once I'd done this, it was simply a matter of removing all of the excess ABS. I used the saw attachment for the bulk of this - switching over to the sanding attachment to smooth out some of the curves. I finished off by hand-sanding the edges using progressively finer-grained sandpaper.



With that, the first two pieces of my stormtrooper armour are complete! Next up, I'll be moving on to the thighs.