New York Toy Store Tour

My partner and I just got back from our holiday in New York. We had a great time hitting all of the usual tourist spots, but along the way I also managed to squeeze in a little Star Wars shopping too. There were two stores I really wanted to visit - the first being the Toys'R'Us in Times Square.


The store is absolutely massive - so big, in fact, that they've managed to fit a working Ferris Wheel inside. The toys span four levels, and while the selection of Star Wars items isn't much more than what's available at other Toys'R'Us branches, the surrounding displays are very impressive.


The other store I couldn't wait to visit was the famous FAO Schwarz at the south end of Central park.


This was another giant multiple level store. There were several excellent displays here too, though of particular note were the stunning collection of Acme prints available for sale.




Visiting these toy stores really was an incredible experience - and one I highly recommend for any Star Wars collector who finds themselves in New York city. Naturally, I picked up a couple of Star Wars items while visiting these stores, so look for updates on these in the next day or so!