The Birth of a Trooper - E-11 Blaster Rifle

Every good trooper needs a weapon, so while I've been working on my armour I've also been putting together my very own E-11 blaster rifle. I began with a stock Hasbro toy blaster that my grandmother gave me all the way back in 1998. Unfortunately, however, the unmodified blaster is a pretty poor representation of the real deal. Fortunately, DoopyDoos Collectibles makes a resin kit that allows you to convert the Hasbro rifle into an almost screen-accurate replica.


While most of the Doopydoos kit simply glues on, the existing muzzle and scope of the rifle had to be removed first. After this, it was just a matter of getting all of the pieces glued on. At that stage it began to look far more like a screen-accurate E-11!


Next up, I used a bit of bog to cover the screw holes and fill in some of the seams - and after a good sanding, the blaster was ready for painting.


The first coat of spray-paint was intended to get a nice even coverage of black over the whole rifle. I followed this up with a little bit of touch-up sanding and some hand-painting for those harder-to-reach spots. Once this was done, the rifle was given a final coat of spray-paint to give it an even colour and texture.


The finished product, with the silver detailing painted, the targeting reticule added, and batteries loaded!