Kinder Surprise Attack of the Clones Twistheads

A couple of days ago, MattG over at the SWNZ Message Boards gave us a heads up that the "arguably weird" line of Star Wars-themed Kinder Surprise Twistheads were turning up in New World Supermarkets in New Zealand. As you know, I'm currently out of the country, but my partner went on the hunt and managed to find a box.


I was hesitant about these at first, but - having seen them in more detail - I've got to say they've won me over completely. They're incredibly cool little collectibles, and guaranteed to make for interesting conversation pieces. Stock seems to be severely limited, but I was lucky enough to get three of these to add to my collection: C-3PO, Yoda, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

There are ten figures in the series, all of which (except Vader and the golden C-3PO) are based on characters from Episode II. Each figure comes with an attachment that allows them to serve as a pretty nifty keyring. The slightly more curious feature is the way in which their heads hinge open to reveal a number dial that changes value when connected with another figure. From the wrapper, it seems that the intention is for two opposing players to connect their figures and compete for the highest number.

Rebelscum.com reports these collectibles as only being available in Germany and Russia, so I've no idea how they wound up in New Zealand. Whatever the reason, we're incredibly lucky. The rarity and quirkiness of these is set to make them highly sought-after. I certainly won't be parting with mine though!