General Mills Cereal Star Wars Pens (Chewbacca)

A couple of days ago Rebelscum.com reported on a new Star Wars pack-in to be found in selected boxes of General Mills cereal. The boxes each contain one of eight Star Wars character pens (Anakin Skywalker, Chewbacca, Clone Trooper [Phase 1], Darth Vader, Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Yoda). I hit up my local Kroger supermarket this morning and managed to find a few of the boxes in-store.


While the advertising on the front of the box is minimal, the entire back side is dedicated to Star Wars-related puzzles and games.


According to the box, there are three different designs which - when placed side-by-side - form a diorama "cockpit". I was curious to see what the pens were like, so picked up one box today. Fortunately, I lucked out, and got what is possibly the coolest character in the set: Chewbacca.


It's a great little collectible - well detailed and fairly solid. It's especially good value when the box of cereal itself is currently on special for only $2.99. I've got a feeling I'll be picking up a few more of these!