The Hunt Is On - The Vintage Collection 3 3/4" Imperial Scanning Crew Special Action Figure Set Found

With only sporadic stock turning up at K-Mart, I bit the bullet earlier this week and ordered one of their exclusive Imperial Scanning Crew sets from Amazon for $32.85US ($39.84NZ). It arrived in the mail yesterday, and I can safely say that this is possible the coolest 3 3/4" figure purchase I've ever made.


This set has been on my huntlist ever since it was announced at Toy Fair 2013 back in February. In truth, however, I've been hanging out for this set since I got the bottom half of the scanning set with the Legacy Collection Imperial Scanning Crew figure back in 2009.

The detail in this new set is phenomenal. The box opens, revealing several pieces of movie-accurate scanning equipment, and the stormtrooper comes with some fantastic features including a detachable comlink and one of the new E-11 blaster rifles with a working folding stock. The fine folks over at Rebelscum.com have taken some excellent out of the box photosI can't recommend this set strongly enough. If you've been on the fence about it, go out and track one down right now - you won't be disappointed. Amazon still have a few in stock at the price I paid, otherwise you might be lucky enough to score one at your local K-mart for about $10 less.