May 2015 KZone Magazine with Lego Star Wars 30272 A-Wing Mini Building Set

As well as containing a brief "May the Fourth" feature, the May 2015 issue of KZone magazine also comes with a Lego Star Wars 30272 A-Wing model. The magazine is priced at $6.90, and I've spotted a plentiful supply at each of the Wellington New World grocery stores. Hopefully, they'll be easily found at most other supermarkets and magazine stores throughout the country.


I've always been a huge fan of Lego Star Wars mini sets, but hadn't yet added an A-Wing to my collection. While it's a little chunky in certain parts (particularly the nose and tail fins), the model is still a great representation of the classic A-Wing design. Inverting the cannons - as I did in my build - also gives the ship a much more streamlined and accurate appearance.

Lego isn't cheap - so being able to pick up a great little set like this for free is all kinds of awesome. A special thanks goes to Michael_Lee over on the Star Wars New Zealand Message Boards for giving me the heads up on this one!