The Black Series 3 3/4" Walmart Exclusive Admiral Ackbar, Ahsoka Tano, and Lando Calrissian

Now that I'm back in the US, I've been able to tap into Walmart's exclusive 3 3/4" Black Series line - the last bastion of super-articulated figures in this scale. While I'm strictly 5POA on new characters, the Black Series line continues to be a great way of getting hold of older figures that I missed the first time around. I recently picked up three of the latest releases - Admiral Ackbar, Ahsoka Tano, and Lando Calrissian - for $12.83US ($17.74NZ) a pop.


All three figures feature fifteen points of articulation, a fantastic paint application, an assortment of accessories, and - in the cases of Ahsoka and Lando - some soft goods detailing. In fact, it's pretty hard to fault any of these figures. My only criticism is that Lando appears to be a little bandy-legged; but this is something that I'm hoping a little hot/cold water treatment will be able to fix.


It's particularly nice to see Ahsoka get a re-release in this line. It's the only realistic 3 3/4" sculpt we have of her, and she was incredibly hard to come by when she debuted under the Vintage Collection banner. She'll also look great alongside my realistic-sculpt Clone Wars Anakin!