Star Wars Super Graphic

For my birthday this year, my wonderful fiancée performed an incredibly impressive feat - surprising me with a Star Wars book that I had never even heard of. Written by Entertainment Weekly's Tim Leong, Star Wars Super Graphic is a veritable feast of factoids, statistics, and minutiae about that galaxy far, far away. With a dry wit and a formidable knowledge of the saga, Leong presents trivia from throughout the canonical Star Wars universe up until the release of Rogue One (and yes, that includes the animated series, novels, and comics too). Always wanted to know the precise placings of the pods in the Boonta Eve classic? This book has you covered. Need details on the relative speeds of starships from the Rebel, Imperial, Resistance, and First Order fleets? Leong has the answers. And, as the title suggests, every spread of information is presented in gorgeous and creative graphic visualisations.

I'm an enormous fan of encyclopedic works that chronicle the Star Wars universe (the visual dictionaries and incredible cross-sections volumes that accompany each film are, for me, always necessary purchases). Given this, I'm shocked that I almost missed this phenomenal publication. Many Star Wars trivia publications can be stuffed with information that is commonplace and - well - rather trivial. Not so here, however. Super Graphic had me realising just how much I still have to learn about the Star Wars universe. While Leong includes some great moments of levity (the visual breakdown of the divisive 'Yub Nub' celebration song is a particularly wonderful high point), a large portion of the content in this volume - like a complete chronological viewing order for the Clone Wars animated series - will be a vital resource for every fan of the saga. If you haven't yet, go out and pick up a copy of this book. I cannot recommend it highly enough!