Episode II: Attack of the Clones (May 2002)

Like the first of the prequels, Attack of the Clones also failed to be given any sort of premiere treatment in New Plymouth. Fortunately, by this time, I'd cultivated a group of friends that - while not as obsessed with Star Wars as I was - were still incredibly excited to see the latest entry in the saga. A group of us headed along on opening day as soon as school finished, and (as with The Phantom Menace) I went back for a second viewing a couple of weeks later.


Being in my mid-teens, I didn't receive Attack of the Clones  with the same uncritical appreciation as I had The Phantom Menace. There was still a lot to love however - most notably John Williams' incredible score. I fondly remember having Across the Stars running through my head for weeks.