Houston Toy Store Tour - August 2012

Having safely arrived in Houston, I've spent the last week doing a tour of my local toy stores. First up was the Super Target store on South Main Street - the first Target I'd ever set foot in. I have to say I was a little underwhelmed. While everything was considerably cheaper than in New Zealand, the range of Star Wars products on offer was more or less the same. I'd hoped to post some pictures, however Target has a strict policy against photography in-store.


Next up was the Galleria Mall Lego Store. While their prices were the same as - or slightly more expensive than - the likes of Target, their selection was much more comprehensive. I imagine that this'll be a great place to secure those harder-to-find exclusives.

Finally, I visited the Promised Land of Star Wars collectors - Toys'R'Us. I certainly wasn't disappointed. The Houston store is absolutely massive, and seems to stock pretty much every Star Wars toy item available at the moment (with the exception of a few of the harder-to-find Vintage Collection figures). The shelves are well-organised, and while prices are slightly steeper than Target, they do stock a number of exclusives not available elsewhere.




I've no doubt that, over my next few years in Houston, this trio of stores will yield all sorts of wonderful additions to my collection. Let the hunt begin!