Houston Toy Store Tour - August 2013

Today I took a tour of my local toy stores here in Houston - my first since getting back to the US last week. Target had little on offer, so my main focus was on Toys'R'Us. I'd hoped to catch the early arrival of the Imperial Scanning Crew set or the Lego mini-planets I'm currently on the hunt for, but sadly they're yet to hit stores. Despite this, it was still good to see plenty of new stock on the shelves - most notably, the first waves of Hasbro's Black Series figures.



I've long since decided against collecting the new 6" figures, but it was still great to finally see them in person. They're awesome figures with some great detail and articulation, and will definitely suit new collectors (or old collectors looking to begin a new line). I am and always have been a 3 3/4" man myself, so picked up a handful of those figures for the collection.