The Birth of a Trooper - A Trrooper is Born!

With the addition of the thermal detonator, my suit of The Empire Strikes Back stormtrooper armour is now complete! You can check out a permanent gallery of images on the Stormtrooper Armour page, and follow the project from start to finish by checking out the Birth of a Trooper feature.



This hasn't been a one-man project, and it seems only apt to take this opportunity to thank everyone else involved. First up is Jon - who provided me with an amazing suit of Oota Goota Armour, thereby making a childhood dream come true. If you're looking to build your own suit, I can't recommend his work highly enough. Be sure to drop him (user name OotaGoota) a line over at the SWNZ Message Boards. Next up is Freddy, who supplied the awesome belt and leather holster. His workmanship is impeccable, and again highly recommended. You can find him on the SWNZ Message Boards as well (user name Fredstar). A huge thank you also goes to Matt, who donated a spare pair of ESB handplates.

The suit has turned into something of a family affair - my mum allowing me to make full use of her sewing skills, and my dad providing helpful advice right throughout the build process (including a suggestion for the webbing that saved me dozens of man-hours). They're also the pair behind all of the awesome work-in-progress photos you've been seeing over these last few months.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone else over at the SWNZ Message Boards for your comments, suggestions, and encouragement throughout the build. I never would have had the motivation to complete such a huge project without all of your support!