Houston Toy Store Tour - February 2015

Regular visitors might have noticed that things have been a little slow on this blog over the last two weeks. There's a good reason for this - namely, that I spent that time taking a brief trip back to the USA. Most of my time was spent in St. Louis and Houston, with brief stopovers in Los Angeles, Dallas, and San Francisco. The main point of the trip was business - a conference presentation and a chance to meet with my thesis supervisor - but there was still ample chance to do a little Star Wars hunting along the way. At the top of my to-do list was a visit to the Houston Galleria Disney store to try and hunt down an item I'd been after for some time.


Fortunately, that mission was a success (stay tuned for a separate blog post about this item in the near future). Along the way I also managed to check out the Galleria Lego store's great new range of Star Wars sets for 2015.

Of course, it wouldn't have been a proper Star Wars hunt without visits to both Target and Toys'r'Us as well. I was on the lookout for a couple of figures for a friend of mine back here in New Zealand, and was hoping to have some luck at the big-chain stores. Sadly, that didn't turn out to be the case. The Star Wars aisle at Target (pictured left below) was in a sorry state, and while the aisle at Toys'r'Us (pictured right) looked a little more healthy, it was mostly stocked with peg-warmers.


Nevertheless, it was a successful visit - and I managed to pick up the handful of items I was hoping to track down while in the US. I'll be doing posts on each of these items over the coming weeks, so be sure to stay tuned!