The Hunt Is On - Disney Return of the Jedi Figurine Playset Found

While I was in the US, I managed to pick up an item I'd been after for some time - a Disney Return of the Jedi figurine playset. I picked up the first two sets in this line in London last year, but the third had proved strangely elusive. Fortunately, the Houston Galleria Disney Store came through for me, and now my collection is complete!


This set features another six iconic Star Wars characters - this time from the final film in the saga. Included are Luke Skywalker, Jabba the Hutt, Princess Leia, C-3PO, Bib Fortuna, and a Gamorrean guard.

The figures are slightly smaller in scale than those in the traditional 3 3/4" line and feature no articulation, but are sculpted in dynamic poses and mounted on black bases that make them ideally suited for display. At only $12.95US ($17.78) these sets continue to be fantastic value for money. This is particularly true of the Return of the Jedi set, with the Jabba figure being a sizable piece of plastic.



My only (very minor) criticism of this set is the character selection. The Bib Fortuna and Gamorrean Guard figures are great sculpts, but it's interesting that they were chosen for inclusion over more notable characters such as Lando Calrissian and Emperor Palpatine - neither of whom appear in any of the three Disney sets. It makes me wonder if Disney is planning on releasing more of these sets in the future, and are holding back on some figures for exactly this reason.

Have you managed to pick up one of these Disney sets? If so, what are your thoughts? Be sure to email them to me at relicsoftheforce@gmail.com or send me a tweet at @Archon_Revuge!