The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels and The Empire Strikes Back Storybook

A couple of weeks ago I headed along to the 2015 Wellington Toy Collectors' Fair. I picked up a handful of great Power of the Force figures, but it wasn't only toys that were on offer. I also came away two very awesome Star Wars publications - The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels and The Empire Strikes Back Storybook for $10.00 and $3.00 respectively.


The latter of these dates all the way back to 1980. I already own the storybooks for A New Hope and Return of the Jedi, so it was great to be able to complete the trilogy. While not as old, The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels was a hit of pure nostalgia for me. Published in 1996, this book provides detailed schematics for every ship that had appeared in the Star Wars films and Expanded Universe up until that point. Some of the more notable additions are concept vehicles that would later go on to receive film treatment in the prequel trilogy - like the Juggernaut.

There's nothing like finding great secondhand Star Wars bargains - and these two books are exactly what I'm always on the hunt for. They'll make excellent additions to my Star Wars library!