Rogue One 3 3/4" First Order Snowtrooper Officer and Poe Dameron 2-Pack

The 3 3/4" First Order Snowtrooper Officer and Poe Dameron 2-pack very nearly made it onto my Rogue One huntlist.* I usually pick up any costume variant of a main character, and this was collectors' first (and so far, only) chance to get hold of a D'Qar celebration Poe. Unfortunately, the $34.00NZ price tag was far too much to justify, especially when he came packed with a figure that - although a useful army-builder - was already in my collection. Last week, however, I came across the Poe 2-pack at my local Five Below for the ridiculously low price of - you guessed it - $5.00US ($7.19NZ). How could I say no?


While not the most exciting two-pack from the Rogue One line, this set still has its charms. I'd heard a lot of complaints about the paint app on Poe's face - but it seems that Hasbro must have remedied this at some point during production, because this Poe doesn't look bad at all. In fact, it's an incredibly decent likeness given that this is a 3 3/4" 5-points-of-articulation figure. Poe comes with his usual blaster pistol sidearm, and an enormous backpack-cum-missile-launcher. I usually criticise these oversized pack-ins, but I have to admit that this is exactly the kind of accessory I would have thoroughly enjoyed playing with as a kid.

For anyone who didn't pick up the First Order Snowspeeder or the Snap Wexley 2-pack, this pack is also a great way of picking up a pauldroned snowtrooper. For those who already have a version of this figure (like myself), the pauldron can easily be removed and the trooper added to the ranks of ordinary grunts. As with previous iterations, the snowtrooper features some fantastic tooling and a surprisingly intricate paint job (especially on the chest plate). He also comes with a screen-accurate blaster rifle and a removable backpack.

While this 2-pack might not have been worth the original RRP, it was definitely worth picking up on clearance. Poe will look especially good next to the D'Qar Leia I picked up recently!

*While both characters in this set are from The Force Awakens, this set was - somewhat confusingly - released under the 2016 Rogue One line.