Lego 9678 Twin-pod Cloud Car & Bespin and 9679 AT-ST & Endor Mini Planet Sets

Series 2 of the Lego Mini Planets sets have finally hit stores, and today I picked up 9678 Twin-pod Cloud Car & Bespin and 9679 AT-ST & Endor at Toyworld New Plymouth. They usually retail for $19.99, but Toyworld is currently running a buy one, get one 50% off deal, so I managed to pick up the pair for $29.99.


They're another very nice pair of sculpts, with some especially nifty usage of curved bricks on the Cloud Car. As far as I can tell, the AT-ST is (with the exception of new feet) the same model found in 4486 Mini AT-ST and Snowspeeder and later rereleased as 30054 AT-ST. I'd missed out on both of these earlier sets however, so this is a welcome addition to my collection of Lego mini vehicles. 

There is a third set in this wave - 9677 X-Wing Starfighter and Yavin 4. The completist in me was dying to pick it up too, however I already have the X-Wing model from when it was included in Lego Star Wars: The Essential Collection (given to me last Christmas by my partner). The Rebel Pilot minifigure is also common enough in other sets, so it didn't seem to make sense to fork out another $20 for just the planet and plaque.

Lego really is outdoing themselves with these mini sets. I hope we see plenty more!