The Old Republic: Episode 8 - Into the Wild

The SWTOR servers ended up being down for much longer than expected while Bioware got the new Free-to-Play option up-and-running. By the time I got home last night, however, everything was working splendidly and Revuge was finally able to board his ship and set off out into the galaxy...

A bridge to call my own!

Once off Coruscant, my first goal was to try out space combat. I've heard a lot of complaints about the on-rails nature of these missions, and while it might be more enjoyable if there was more freedom of movement, the space missions are still an enormous amount of fun.






After this, it was off to Taris to continue my class storyline. I'm a huge fan of the Knights of the Old Republic games, so returning to the ruins of this once-great metropolis was rather poignant.


It was on Taris that I was able to join my first op and take down the world boss - earning a nice cache of XP and Social Points in the process.


At 2.00am the servers were shut down again for maintenance, but before they were I jumped back in my ship and stole a glance at what is always my favourite world in any Star Wars game - Tatooine.


I've no doubt SWTOR will be eating up more than a little of my time over the next few days. It's an enormous galaxy out there!